Tips For Locating the Right Commercial Landscaper

Panorama Landscaping in the garden.
Get Ready for April Showers With a Rain Garden
April 3, 2019
How to build landscape RFP
How to Build a Landscape RFP
August 8, 2019

Tips For Locating the Right Commercial Landscaper

Establish your landscaping today

Investing in a landscape upgrade for your commercial property brings many benefits. Whether your building apartments, retail businesses, or professional facilities, you should see an uptick in new tenant inquiries and retention of current renters. Residents, visitors, customers, and employees will enjoy the soothing beauty of nature as they go about their business.

With so much at stake, you want to hire the right commercial landscaping firm for your project. Use these tips to organize your search.

Research Possibilities

Every landscape project has limits dictated by space and funds, but keep an open mind during your research. Visit similar commercial properties and observe landscape designs. Involve your tenants and other stakeholders. The people who use your property can give you valuable insights.

Once you’ve done some research, write down a plan, listing identified needs and priorities. Draw up a budget for the project and don’t forget future maintenance costs for the new design. Use this list of needs and priorities to find the landscaper that is right for you. Use the internet to peruse commercial landscapers. Look at their websites, photos of their designs, and be sure to check online ratings and reviews. Utilize those around you, ask other property managers for recommendations.

Conduct Interviews

Once you’ve narrowed down your list of landscapers, contact each one for an appointment at your property. Share the needs and ideas you’ve identified and listen to their input carefully. Ask to see their portfolio so you can get an idea of what their finished products look like. Be sure to discuss your budget and ask them about their pricing. You may be intrigued by a company with significantly lower prices, but be careful, companies that offer way below standard pricing often produce poor results.

While discussing your ideas, remember to look for a good communicator. You want to work with a landscaper who listens and is enthusiastic about your project. A professional landscaper will have a better idea of what type of designs will work, but they should still be able to listen to what you want. They may not agree with all of your ideas, but make sure they are considering them and offering a solution you can agree on.

Finalizing Details

Before hiring anyone, make sure to finalize the details, including payment and frequency. You may have already discussed your budget, but it is important to know how their payment process works. Some companies will choose to send you an invoice, while others will want payment upfront. Make sure this detail is decided before any work begins.

Once your beautiful landscape has been designed, you will want to keep it that way. Here, at Cumberland Landscape Group, we offer routine maintenance that works with your needs. You can choose the schedule that works best for you, whether it be weekly, bi-weekly, or even a customized schedule for your landscape needs. Landscaping needs change as the seasons change, we will be sure to provide the right service at the right time for your property.

You will be able to eliminate some contenders on the basis of price, availability, or attitude. It usually comes down to several possibilities with good credentials, so go with your priority. It takes some effort to find the right landscape firm for your commercial property, but the final result makes it worthwhile. If you’re ready to discuss your landscaping needs with an experienced and reliable firm, contact Cumberland Landscape Group today at 404-352-9393, or send us an email.

24 Comments

1. Thanks for the tip to finalize the details of the payment frequency before hiring anyone. The company I work for wants to find a commercial landscaper for our new building. Your tips should help everything go smoothly as we find a landscaper for the job.

2. Katie Wilson says:

Thanks for these tips on how to find a good landscaper. It would make sense to find someone who is qualified and experienced, as you suggest. My husband and I are looking for a landscaper, so we’ll have to check their experience first.

3. Mindy Jollie says:

I like that you mentioned that you do need to remember to include future maintenance requirements in the budget for a landscaping service. I’d imagine that occasionally bigger things will happen like a tree falls down in a storm or a predator tears up a bush and the budget has to cover that. My brother owns a property that requires landscaping and he’s trying to find the right fit for a professional landscaper.

4. Larry Weaver says:

Thanks for the tips on how to find a landscaping contractor. I just bought a home with an unfinished yard. I would like to make my yard look nice, so I’ll hire a landscaper that can help me out.

5. I found it helpful when you said to conduct interviews. I never would have thought to do that. I can see thought that doing an interview can help you find the right landscaper for your business.

6. Thanks for the tip to conduct interviews with potential landscapers. My husband and I are considering hiring a landscape service soon. Following your tips should simplify the process of deciding who to hire!

7. Jeff Wilcox says:

I like the tip that you gave to choose a landscaper who you could interview beforehand. My wife and I have been talking about finding a landscaper to help us with our yard. If we do, I will be sure to look for one who we could interview beforehand.

8. Kate Hansen says:

I like how you included that you should research possibilities when finding a landscaping service. My sister was thinking about hiring one because she can never seem to find the time to do it herself. I’ll make sure to pass this information along to her while she searches for a landscaping service.

9. You made a good point that every landscaping project has limits and you should keep an open mind during your search for landscaping contractors. I’ve been wanting to add a nice look to the outside of the building I work in to help create a beautiful workplace. Maybe I’ll have to do some research on good landscaping contractors.

10. I wanted to thank you for this advice for finding a good commercial landscaper. You mentioned that you should interview potential landscapers and see their portfolio. This also seems great if it can give you an idea of the work style they have and if it fits what you want.

11. Drake Welsh says:

I appreciated the tip that you gave to choose a landscaper who you will be able to interview beforehand. My wife and I have been talking about finding a landscaper because we want to get help with our lawn, and it would be important for us to know that we could find one who we could trust in. When we look for a landscaper, I will be sure to interview them beforehand.

12. We need to get some landscaping done at my work. It would be wise to research all of our options. That way, we can find the best fit for what we need done.

13. Sarah Smith says:

I like your idea to ask for reference when choosing a landscaping company. My husband and I just moved to a home with a large yard. Your advice should help us find the right landscape service to care for it!

14. I like how you said to discuss your budget with them. That way they can give you a price that’ll work for both of you. Then all you have to do is choose the best price of all the ones that were offered and go!

15. It makes sense that you would want to hire a landscaper that will listen and is enthusiastic. My dad has been looking for a landscaper to install a sprinkler system for hid commercial buildings. I’ll help him find a garden professional to get his project started.

16. Jenna Hunter says:

Thanks for these tips on how to write a plan before you choose a landscape professional. My husband and I need a landscaper to install a retaining wall. When we find someone, we’ll have to check their qualifications and write a plan first.

17. jack stiles says:

It is helpful that you suggested to interview landscapers before you choose who you want to hire. We want to find a landscaper to help us with our yard. I will be sure to choose one after we do interviews.

18. Gloria Durst says:

Recently, I’ve noticed that my yard has a lot of soil loss during heavy rains. When I contact a landscaper to put in a retaining wall, I’ll have to consider finding someone who is a good communicator, as you suggest. Doing so would ensure we are kept up to date on the project and that it will go well.

19. gus white says:

I think it was helpful when you mentioned that you should consider interviewing a landscaper before you choose to hire one. We want to get help to take better care of our yard and hedges. It will be important for us to know that we could hire one who we could rely on. To ensure that, I will be sure to interview one before hiring.

20. Greta James says:

I love your advice to pick a couple of landscapers and take them through your property to get some ideas for what they would do to it and how much they would charge. About a week ago, construction was finished on my dream home! It is a gorgeous colonial style home on two acres of land. I want to landscape a good portion of the property. I will have to start looking for landscaping services that could plan something truly incredible for the property.

21. Ron Booker says:

It was nice of you explaining that some landscaper prefers to send an invoice, so we should ask about the payment method. It would be good to consider this because it would show that they are qualified. My godfather and his wife are looking for a landscaper, so I’ll have to share the article with them to help them hire the right landscape contractor.

22. Vivian Black says:

You made a great point about researching possibilities and how there are limits like space and funds. My husband and I are looking for a commercial landscape architect that can help us with our yard since we have never had one before. We will keep these tips in mind as we search for a professional that can help us best.

23. I didn’t realize that you could interview a landscaping company before hiring them to make sure that you all are on the same page. My neighbor was telling me the other day that her boss is looking for a landscaping company to make his front yard the talk of the town. I will have to let her know that he can interview potential landscapers to find the right one for the job.

24. Megan Alder says:

My brother is thinking about starting a business, and he´s looking for advice to hire commercial landscape services. I like that you recommend research for different possibilities, and once the list as been narrowed down conduct an interview. I will pass this on to him so that he knows what to do once he is in that phase of the business project.